May is M.I.L.K. Month! Now in its 5th year, we are energized to Make a greater Impact on Learning and Kids!
Championed by three Northshore moms, M.I.L.K raises awareness and supports nearly 200 vulnerable students who don’t have a home to call their own and struggle to keep up in school. Since 2010, M.I.L.K. has raised more than $16,000 to sustain services for McKinney Vento students and programs that support health initiatives district-wide. Your spare change also helps with school supplies, school pictures, test fees and Cap & Gown fees so our Seniors can proudly attend their own graduation! Our work continues…
Every May, we ask local businesses to set out M.I.L.K. bottles at cash registers, on counters or in offices so your spare change can Make a positive Impact on Learning and Kids! Call for your M.I.L.K. bottle today!
M.I.L.K. Walk at Country Village
Our second annual M.I.L.K. Walk will be held on June 27th. Enjoy “Milk & Cookie Pairings” around the Village and vote for your favorite dairy and nondairy flavors. Take a picture at the Smith Brother’s Cow Car, free pony or train rides, face painting, build-your-own Milk Boat races, Summer Fun basket raffles and more. A fun-filled day for kids and grandparents alike at Country Village!
M.I.L.K. Proceeds Support:
The Northshore Schools Foundation’s Vulnerable and Highly Capable Learners Initiative funding such programs as:
– McKinney Vento Services supporting nearly 200 identified homeless students in our district.
– Natural Leader Program parent outreach to support families who are not connected to school.
– Hang Time afterschool program that provides homework help, mentors, physical activity and healthy snacks at Kenmore, Northshore and Skyview Junior Highs.
– Healthy Youth Survey providing the district with invaluable information about the health and risk factors of our youth in grades 6,8,10 & 12.
Cream of the Crop Awards:
– We are udderly grateful to our Matching Sponsor: The Windermere Foundation has stepped up since 2012 with matching grants and now again in 2015. Your change will go even further because the Windermere Foundation is matching all the change collected up to $3000!
– Sparta’s Pizza and Banner Bank Woodinville who continue to keep the bottles at their cash registers all year long, providing more than $1000 annually to the cause!
– The 2012 anonymous donor of $1,000! Your generosity ensured that we could maximize the Windermere Foundation’s match.
– Cream of the Crop Honorees:
– Special shout out to Marella Alejandrino and the Windermere Northlake Office for securing the Matching Sponsorship year after year!
– Last but not least… program co-founders Sara Solum Hayashi, Davina Williams Duerr and April Remfrey, who had the vision and chutzpa to Make an Impact on Learning and Kids!
Visit a bottle here:
School employees credit unions across the Pacific Northwest
1st Security Bank
Bothell Main Street Antiques
Bothell Pediatric & Hand Therapy
Canyon Park Vision
Cornerstone General Contractors
Dawn’s Candy and Cake
Dr. Dallman and Dr. Yea
Gallo de Oro
Glen E. Trinka family dentistry
Pot Belly – Bothell
The Den Coffeehouse
Sid’s Handy Mart
Sound Credit Union
Spartas Pizza and Spaghetti House
Ultra Custom Cleaners
Uncle Peteza’s Pizza
Yakima Fruit Market
Ontra Marketing Group
Banner Bank Woodinville
Expressions in Eye wear
Shake & Go
Triple Horn Brewery
Key Bank Woodinville
Woodinville Bagel Bakery
Snoqualmie Ice Cream
192 Brewing Co
Best Friend’s Espresso
Lake Point Bar & Grill
Living Room – Consignment & Tea
Maser’s Pet Shop & Grooming
The Living Room Consignment & Tea
The Vintage Rose
Uplake Grocery & Deli
Vintage Rose Boutique