Milk Money Campaign – 2014
May is Milk Money Month! Now in its 4th year, money raised funds services for McKinney Vento students and programs that support health initiatives. Milk Money has benefitted hundreds of disadvantaged students district-wide.
Started in 2010, Milk Money Project is a grassroots fundraising campaign started by three Northshore moms that places milk bottles in local businesses to collect spare change during the month of May. More than $13,000 has been raised since the program’s inception. This year we’ve added a new event to cap off Milk Money. On June 28th, Country Village will host a Milk Walk. Participating shops will serve both dairy and nondairy milk and cookie pairings. Enjoy a free pony or train ride, get your face painted, do a free craft and take a picture with the Smith Brother’s cow car. Vote for your favorite pairing and enter a raffle to win a Summer Fun basket. Bring the kids for a fun filled time at Country Village.
We are Udderly Grateful to:
- The Windermere Foundation, who stepped up since 2012 with matching grants and now again in 2014 with a $3,000 matching grant.
– The 2012 anonymous donor who ensured that we could maximize the Windermere Foundation’s match.
– Sparta’s Pizza and Banner Bank Woodinville who have continued to keep the bottles at their cash registers all year long, providing more than $1000 additional to the cause!
– And last but not least, program co-founders Sara Hayashi, Davina Williams Duerr and April Remfrey
All proceeds collected support the Northshore Schools Foundation’s Advanced & Disadvantaged Learners Initiative, funding such programs as:
- McKinney Vento Services that support the more than 180 identified homeless students in our district.
– Natural Leader Program: parent outreach to families who are not connected to school.
– Hang Time: an afterschool program that provides homework help, mentors, physical activity and healthy snacks at Kenmore, Northshore and Skyview Junior Highs.
– Healthy Youth Survey which provides the district with invaluable information about the health and risk factors of our youth in grades 6,8,10 & 12.
Milk bottles with our special label will be available to local business owners starting the last week in April, to place at cash registers, on counters or in offices to collect spare change in support of the cause. The campaign officially ends May 31.
Thank You To Our Matching Sponsor:
Find A Bottle: Thank You 2013 Collection Sites:
Bank of Bargains
Banner Bank Bothell
Bothell Main Street Antiques
Dawn’s Candy & Cake
Extreme Pita – Canyon Park
Fey and Grey
Gallo de Oro
Lyly Hair Studio
Michael’s Auto Body
Spartas Pizza and Spaghetti House
Toys that Teach
Ultra Custom Cleaners
Yakima Fruit Market
Elle Marie Salon
Golden Nails Spa
Ostroms Drug & Gift
Rocky’s Corner Store
Teriyaki of Kenmore
The UPS Store
Banner Bank Woodinville
Bill the Butcher
Cottage Lake Karate
Cottage Lake Veterinary Hospital
Hollywood Hill Elementary
Le Timeless Beaute
Lil’ People’s World
Kumon Math and Reading Centers Bear Creek
Kumon Math and Reading Centers Woodinville
Natural Path to Healing
Panera – Woodinville
Play it Again Sports
Simon & Sons Dry cleaners
Knoff, Fettig & Naumann
Windermere NE Office