Classroom Grant Requirements and Guidelines
Who may apply?
Northshore School District teachers, students and/or staff/community members sponsored by certificated NSD staff.
What is the grant size?
Up to $1000
What is the selection criterion?
Each grant will be judged against the following specific criteria:
- Demonstrates Innovation or an Essential Classroom need
- Aligns with the goals of the Northshore Schools Foundation and the Northshore School District
- Maximizes impact on students
- Demonstrates collaboration between teaching teams, grade levels, funding sources
- Meets grant guidelines (does not exceed $1000, submitted on time, in correct format, with signatures etc.)
- Sustainability of products funded
Lower funding priority will be given to requests for:
- Books, software and transportation requests without strong ties to a project
- Projects & technology that are able to be supported by District or capital project funds
- Passive student involvement
- Previously funded grants
When will the funds be available?
After June 10, 2013
When must the funds be used?
During the Academic Year following the grant award 2013-2014
What to submit?
Completed Grant Application not to exceed 6 total pages, including cover sheet. Completed Grants must be submitted via email in PDF format with all signatures to SchoolsFoundation@nsd.org. The form can be found on our website at, www.northshoreschoolsfoundation.org/grants
Will I have any assistance?
A free grant writing workshops is offered Feb 07nd 2013 @ 4:15 PM at Woodmoor Elementary School. Please RSVP to the training on our website at NorthshoreSchoolsFoundation.org/events. You can also feel free to contact Michelle Morris, Foundation Board Member, at email@example.com or Schoolsfoundation@nsd.org prior to April, for assistance.
Where can I get questions answered?
Contact the Foundation office at 425-408-7680 or SchoolsFoundation@nsd.org at any time.
District Grant Requirements and Guidelines