Are you a Hero for Health? At HealthPoint, we know lots of heroes: clinicians and patients who go above and beyond to help each other get and stay healthy. These folks sometimes swap their capes for stethoscopes, but they have super powers all the same!
Join us on June 3 to celebrate your favorite health hero and our healthy community! Grab your favorite superhero costume and walk, run, trot, or skate with your friends and family at the 6th Annual HealthPoint Family 5K
Health for Heroes 5K
Saturday, June 3
The run/walk starts at 10 a.m.;
pre-run/walk activities begin at 9:00 a.m.
at Health Point – Bothell
This family friendly event supports the Northshore Schools Foundation’s initiative to promote healthy lifestyle practices for the students of Northshore. We are proud to partner with HealthPoint who coordinates this event and provides access to medical and dental care for those who might otherwise not receive it.
Here’s what you need to know:
Register: Preregistration is required at healthpointfamily5k.org. Register by March 4th for a 20% discount.
Where: Run/walk begins and ends at HealthPoint Bothell (10414 Beardslee Blvd., Bothell, WA 98011). The route is primarily along the Sammamish River Trail. Click here to see route map: http://bit.ly/2kdCBek *Note: route subject to change.
• All participants receive a free shirt – children 12 and under can choose between a shirt or superhero cape.
• Arrive early to enjoy kids’ activities and get photos and autographs with Blitz, Seattle Seahawks Mascot
• Stick around after for post-race free food, live music, and more!
• Dogs are welcome and receive a tasty treat.
NEW This year:
• Costume contest: Get ready to strut your stuff on the superhero catwalk! Adult and kid winners receive a special trophy.
• Fundraising Challenge: When you have your health, you have hope: everything else becomes possible. You have the power to give the gift of good health to a neighbor in need: https://fundraising.active.com/event/healthpointfamily5k
When you donate to HealthPoint, your gift is turned into vaccinations for kids to prevent mumps, diabetic eye exams to prevent blidness, nutrition counseling to avoid heart disease, screenings to prevent cancer, and so much more. HealthPoint provides great care to ALL in our community, regardless of a person’s income, insurance status, or other circumstances. Person by person, family by family we’re helping our community grow stronger and healthier.
Donations helps HealthPoint bridge the gap between the cost of our services and the funding we receive. With an uncertain future for the Affordable Care Act, donations are more important than ever to ensuring we can continue to provide the same level of inclusive, compassionate, and comprehensive care to all.
It’s easy to create your own fundraising campaign: https://fundraising.active.com/event/healthpointfamily5k
Top fundraising individuals and teams will receive be recognized at the event?
Proceeds: benefit HealthPoint’s non-profit medical and dental centers dedicated to providing expert, high-quality health care to all – because everyone deserves great care. Additionally, a portion of each registration will be donated to Northshore Schools Foundation to further their mission to enrich and extend students’ educational experiences through fitness and health.